**New session sessions coming soon**
Private lessons for both defensemen and forwards please email email@example.com for availability
The 6th Line Defensive Skills with Mike Mottau
“Be a student of the game, pick up on positional tendencies, work on your weaknesses but play to your strengths.”- Mike Mottau
Giving Tools to Process the Game at a Higher Level
After coaching and scouting for the past 6 years, I felt there was a need for some high level direction to motivated youth defenseman. The goal of these sessions is to introduce concepts and get reps in those situational tendencies that will give defenseman the tools to process the game at a higher level. Working at Hockey IQ just like a player works at physical skills is just as important if not more important to becoming a better player.
The on ice session will consist of reps in 3 zones focusing on situational tendencies.
- Offensive Zone – blueline movements, partner passing, shooting, processing
- Neutral Zone – skating, edgework, escapability, skill work
- Defensive Zone – puck retrievals, partner support, passing, awareness
- Be dressed and ready 10 minutes before to go over the practice plan.
- Be prepared to listen to details of drill and execute to the best of your ability.
- Understand the concepts of the drill to be able to apply to game situation